Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Boston








Eek, I've been so M.I.A (sorry!). At the end of my time in Canada I booked a month travelling around the East Coast of America and Canada with some friends I'd met over there. First stop: Boston. Only an hour away from Halifax, Nova Scotia (where I spent my year abroad) it made perfect sense. The flights were cheap and so was the accommodation- praise the lord for air bnb- all we needed for a great few days in this American city. Boston itself was beautiful. We were there in May, so still cold but the sun was shining. Unfortunately I wasn't 21 when I visited- really America?- so no recommendations for bars, but I would definitely suggest walking the freedom trail as a great way to see the whole of the city and explore all the different neighbourhoods. Harvard is also definitely worth the trip. A little bit out of the city centre, but equally as beautiful. Pro tip: if you buy a metro pass for 3 days/ a week the ferry ride from Charlottetown to downtown Boston is included. We went at sunset and basically had the boat to ourselves. Students know how to do luxury on the sly okay. Although my time in Boston was short it was equally sweet. Already planning my return.

Next Stop: New York City baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES FROM pipdig