Pages

Monday 22 September 2014

HeforShe

I know I have already posted tonight, but I just feel like this issue cannot be ignored. Today I watched Emma Watson deliver a strong message in a beautifully presented manner. Her message was simple, men and women should be equal. Her words truly inspired me and if you have not already watched the speech I would really recommend that you do (I have left the link at the bottom of this post). She is right when she says that 'feminist' has become a negative word, for I too would class myself as a feminist but only in secret as I am scared of what people would say due to the negative connotations surrounding it. But why should I care/ be scared of what they think? I should be proud to be a feminist and from now onwards I will be. This is a slightly different tone to my usual blog posts, but I feel like I needed to say something, and this is the perfect space to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-iFl4qhBsE

-Anya

2 comments:

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES FROM pipdig